Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Who says you can't have cake??



I'm not sure who said cake wasn't okay when eating clean or on a weightless journey, but I for one, think a little mug cake is totally okay! Especially when it's as clean as this one!! It's no secret (or maybe it is) that I do not like the vanilla shakeology.. Well it's getting close to aunt flows visit and I was just craving chocolate.... But I also was on my last scoop of chocolate shakeology (until my bag arrives this week). I found tons of chocolate shakeology mug cake recipes on Google, but I didn't have all the ingredients for any of them... So I kind of combined a few of them into my own recipe! 

Ingredients:
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbs almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tbs dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- Spray coconut oil from Trader Joes

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl with a fork. Add in all wet ingredients (except nut butter and banana) and mix thoroughly. Spray your mug with your coconut oil cooking spray. Pour half the "batter" into the mug. Spoon in 1 tsp of your nut butter and top with the rest of the batter. Put mug in the microwave for 90 seconds. Eat in the mug or plop it on a plate and decorate it.. Because the prettier the tastier right?? ;) I topped with 1/2 a banana and a few chocolate chips. (I also made a "frosting" with a little almond milk and powdered peanut butter from Just Great Things but I wouldn't put that on again). Enjoy this deliciousness of a mug cake!!

Xoxo, Emma


No comments:

Post a Comment