Saturday, February 22, 2014

Easy Oven Roasted Butternut Squash!


I've recently developed a love for butternut squash! It was in a salad I ordered from Purple Cafe (I believe it's a Seattle restaurant?) and I fell in love with the salad as well as the squash! Recipe for a inspired salad coming soon! It is a great side dish or salad topping!
Side note: Cutting this squash for the first time was terrifying! Turns out the amazing Byron Talbott has a super easy 'how to cut squash' video on YouTube! Look it up before you cut your fingers off! 

Ingredients:
- 1 Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Black pepper

Preheat your oven to 400° F. Mix the butternut squash, EVOO, and garlic in a medium bowl. Spread out squash evenly on a baking sheet (I covered mine in tin foil for easy cleanup but if you don't I'd use a little spray oil so it doesn't stick.) Sprinkle with cinnamon if you choose to use it. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, squash should be tender and lightly browned (And smell AMAZING!!) Grind up some pepper and you are done!! If eating as a side dish I highly reccomend putting a few chopped walnuts in there!

Another sidenote: Pepper can easily burn at high temperatures so always use it after the cooking process!

Xoxo, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment